Guild Happenings . . .
- Look on Marketplace if you are interested in a Bernina embroidery machine for sale by a Guild member.
- The October Guild meeting will feature quilts made by members in the Countdown to Paducah Quilt Along. If you participated, don’t forget to bring your quilt (or just the top!) to display the meeting. We want to see all of your beautiful work!
- Sadly, there is news of another quilt shop in DFW, Sew Charming Quilts, is closing at the end of September. If you are looking for a bargain, click HERE for details.
- The North Texas Quilt Festival was a huge success!! Thank you to all who entered quilts and volunteered their time and talent to make it a spectacular show!
- The Nominating Committee is looking for members to fill a few Board positions for 2023: Secretary, ZOOM Assistant, Publicity, and Show Booth Assistant. If you are new to the guild and want to get involved, or if you just like to be in-the-know of what’s going on, one of these positions would be perfect for YOU! Talk to someone on the Nominating Committee. They’ll let you know who they are!
- The Miniature Quilt theme for October is Halloween.
NEW ZOOM LINK . . . scroll down for details!
- 2022 Donation Quilt Tickets are available online or at the meetings. Please support the Guild by purchasing tickets. There are only FOUR months left to purchase tickets to be in the drawing to win this quilt!! The winning ticket will be drawn at the December Guild meeting.
The Quilters’ Guild of Arlington meets on the second Tuesday of each month at:
Bob Duncan Community Center (in Vandergriff Park)
2800 South Center Street,
Arlington, TX 76014
Social time begins at 6:30 pm with the business meeting and program beginning at 7:00 pm. Most meetings include a short business meeting, guest speakers with lectures, trunk shows or demonstrations, show and tell, challenges, and door prizes. Guests are always welcome.
If you are unable to meet in person, meetings are also available on ZOOM.
This is the ZOOM LINK for ALL of our meetings.
If you have ANY Zoom problems during the meetings: TEXT Tina Griffin at 682-551-0957
Back-up Zoom Person: TEXT Ed Borton at 214-543-9233
To Join Zoom Meeting:
- Meeting ID: 323 900 0165
- Passcode: 147059
Go to the Programs page for information on our programs, speakers and workshops. Go to the Community page for information on our other activities and Community Outreach, including Stitch Groups, all of which welcome new members.
Many speakers lead workshops on the Wednesday following the Tuesday General Meeting from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Our workshop location is Traders Village RV Park Recreation Center, 2602 Mayfield Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. Click here for map. The Recreation Center is beside the Convenience Store.
In the early 1980s, Shirley Brix and Becky Zook gathered 75 students and began holding classes at the Fielder Museum to encourage quilters to form a guild and talk about opening a quilt shop. In August of 1984, the first meeting of the Guild was held at the First Christian Church, forming the Quilters’ Guild of Arlington, with 35 charter members.
The guild was organized as a 501(c)3 charitable organization to:
- preserve and encourage the art of quilting,
- provide instruction for Guild members,
- educate the public,
- and to promote a gathering of people with this common interest.