**NORTH TEXAS QUILT FESTIVAL UPDATE**
Many of you are wondering what the status is of the August opening of the North Texas Quilt Festival and Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. The Show Committee is continuing to plan for these dates, but we are also developing contingency plans.
- Entry Fees – Enter your quilts, sooner rather than later! No fees will be charged until after July 20th, when we are all confident the show will take place.
- Ticket Sales – Ticket sales can begin a little before before July 4th, and we’ll have to work hard to get them sold in July and early August.
- Possible postponement to a future date – If State and local health officials feel it’s not safe, then we will announce future dates. But, we hope it doesn’t come to that. We’re optimistic the great state of Texas will begin to reopen businesses in May and we will have the necessary measures and guidelines in place by August.
We’re 100% committed to the health and safety of everyone who attends, and we’ll keep you apprised of the updates and changes we’ll be making to assure NTQF is busy, but safe, for everyone.
Stay Safe and Keep Quilting,
2020 NTQF Planning Committee
NORTH TEXAS QUILT FESTIVAL
and Original Sewing Expo
We are keeping our hopes up that we are able to move through the current crisis in time to still have a wonderful Quilt Show in August. So, take this opportunity to get your entries, miniatures and guild booth items ready.
The theme for the 2020 NTQF is Sing Your Song in Fabric! There will be a theme category, so get your imagination going and join the fun in making a theme quilt. Any size quilt can be entered as long as it is no more than 96″ on any side.
We need YOU to make this a great Quilt Festival!
- Please submit a quilt (or two, or three!) to display in the Festival. We have such talent in our Guild, and we want to see it exhibited. Please keep in mind that quilts must be no more than 96″ on any side and must have a four-inch sleeve attached. The entry fee is again $25 per entry. If you need monetary assistance for entering a quilt, or are interested in sponsoring a quilt for someone else to enter, please contact Randa.
- If you need assistance in getting your entry to the Irving Convention Center, or picking it up, please contact Randa.
- Submit miniatures to be auctioned at the Festival. The proceeds will benefit your choice of QGOA or Cancer Care Services. There is no entry fee for miniatures. (See guidelines below.)
- Begin making items for sale in the Guild’s booth: zipper bags, tote bags, crushed walnut-filled pin cushions, or anything else a quilter would love. (No commercially manufactured items.) As you finish items, please give them to Kathy Hester or Lea Bailey. If you need ideas, go to Lea’s Pinterest! Also, there is a list of links in the newsletter for patterns and tutorials.
- Purchase pre-show tickets. The Guild receives funds for tickets sold prior to the show. Tickets will be available as time for the show grows closer.
- NTQF T-shirts are now available for order from Randa. If pre-ordered, the price is $15. The price at the Quilt Festival will be $20.
Randa Dillon and Christine Weiss, 2020 NTQF Committee Representatives
NTQF Email: NTQF2020@gmail.com
2020 Miniature Quilt Auction Requirements
The former Nancy’s Pink Challenge is being updated to Nancy’s Cancer Challenge to allow broader expression of honoring many cancers. (See chart below for color associated with different cancers.) Miniatures entered may be either Challenge category or Non-Challenge. Either category of miniature can be designated by the maker for the proceeds from auction or sale to go to QGOA or Cancer Care Services when submitted online. There is no entry fee for miniatures. All entries must be show quality and have a two-inch sleeve attached. (Sleeves only, no tabs.)
Enter Your Mini Here – Mini Entry Form
General Rules for All Miniatures
- Must be no larger than 24″ on any side.
- Must have a two-inch sleeve attached (sleeves only, no tabs).
- May not be made with a panel (will not qualify).
- Must have a label with name of maker and credit given to pattern maker, if pattern is used.
- Must contain at least nine blocks, each block no larger than four inches finished.
- Some miniatures will be auctioned and others will be sold in the Guild booth.
Nancy’s Cancer Challenge Miniatures
- Must follow the above General Rules.
- Must be no larger than 24″ on any side.
- Must be constructed with 75% of the color associated with the type of cancer represented.
- Label must include the type of cancer represented.
- Turn in to Linda McPherson at the May Guild meeting. Voting on the quilts will be at the June Guild meeting.
- May be modern, traditional, art, whole cloth, or medallion (pieced or appliqued), conforming to the General Rules above.
- Turn in to Linda McPherson at the July Guild meeting.
Cancer Color Chart
Congratulations to all of the 2019 NTQF Winners!
Getting Ready for a Quilt Show