ARE YOU READY?
2022 THEME is “BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED”
August 18-20, 2022, Irving Convention Center
- Volunteer to be an Ambassador and register for classes: https://www.sewingexpo.com/Events/Dallas-TX
- Volunteer for the NTQF with Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094EA4AF23A0FA7-north There are some sit down jobs available and we REALLY NEED HELP with set up (hanging quilts) on Tuesday, August 16, and take down on Saturday, August 20. (This may involve being on a ladder.)
- Volunteer for the Booth. Lea Bailey has been coordinating production of guild products for all year. She will have a sign up sheet to man the booth. We can offer a day ticket for the day you volunteer in the booth for a 3-4 hour shift.
- Info concerning drop off of quilts for the judged show :
- Quilt drop off is Sunday, August 14 ,at the Irving Convention Center from 12 noon until 4:00. (The earlier the better.)
- If you need me to take your quilts for check in, I will be at the August Guild meeting to accept them. If you cannot come to the meeting, just contact me to arrange a time to get them to me.
- Things to remember before checking in your quilt for the NTQF:
- Sleeve – Quilts must have an attached, sewn 4” sleeve. Quilts under 24” may have a 2” sewn attached sleeve. The sleeve should be the same width as the quilt, not including the binding. The sleeve should include ½” of ease and be stitched to the quilt on both the top and bottom of the sleeve. Entries without a sewn sleeve will not be accepted. Quilts longer than 90” require the top of the sleeve to be placed 90” from the bottom of the quilt to ensure that the quilt will not touch the floor when hanging.
- Festival Quilt Identity Label – A quilt label should be sewn on a lower back corner. The label should include: a) the name of the quilt, b) the entrant’s name, c) the entrant’s address, d) the entrant’s phone number. This is a Festival Quilt Identity Label; a personal label does not substitute, unless it includes all of the above information. To ensure impartiality in judging, please apply a fabric flap sewn or carefully safety pinned along the top edge of any label with identification of the maker(s) in order to conceal your personal information.
- Fabric Bag – Each separate entry must be submitted to check-in in a fabric pillowcase or any fabric bag sized to fit your quilt (no plastic bags). The outside of the fabric bag must be clearly labeled with the entrant’s name and phone number in permanent lettering either sewn or in ink.
- Quilts requiring special handling/packaging will not be repackaged into their special packaging. It is up to the entrant to repackage these quilts at quilt pick up. All quilts must be able to be stacked with other quilts without potential damage to your quilt or any other quilt in the show.
- Quilts should be folded with the label on the outside so it can be easily seen at the check in.
- Info about T-Shirts: If you ordered a t-shirt, I should have them at the August guild meeting. I will notify you when they are available.
Contact Randa Dillon at email@example.com or 214-566-2127 or Debbie Hood for tickets, t-shirts, or other questions.
- For details about the quilt show, including Entry Instructions, and Divisions and Categories, click HERE.
- For details about the Miniature Quilt Auction, click HERE.
- Quilt Sleeve Instructions
Miniature Quilt Auction Requirements
There is no entry fee for miniatures. All entries must be show quality and have a two-inch sleeve attached. (Sleeves only, no tabs.)
General Rules for All Miniatures
- Must be no larger than 24″ on any side.
- Must have a two-inch sleeve attached (sleeves only, no tabs).
- Miniatures made with panels do not qualify.
- Must have a label with name of maker and credit given to pattern maker, if pattern is used.
- Some miniatures will be auctioned at the quilt show and others will be sold in the Guild booth.